I give you, in alphabetical order, the 19 charter members of the Libertarian Fiction Authors Association:
- Nickie Abshire (Fantasy, Science Fiction, Steampunk)
- Matthew Bruce Alexander (Science Fiction)
- Chris Baker (Science Fiction, YA, Dystopian)
- Jack McDonald Burnett (Science Fiction, Western)
- Andy Cleary (Speculative Fiction, Fantasy)
- Travis J.I. Corcoran (Science Fiction)
- Mike DiBaggio (Paranormal, Adventure, Science Fiction)
- George Donnelly (Science Fiction)
- John Hunt, MD (Action, Satire, Thriller)
- Ken Krawchuk (Political, Parody)
- Tarrin Lupo (Historical Fiction, Horror)
- G.R. Lyons (Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance)
- J.P. Medved (Steampunk, Thriller, Science Fiction)
- Allen Mendenhall (Literary)
- Geoffrey Allan Plauché (Science Fiction, Fantasy)
- Hank Schwaeble (Horror, Mystery, Thriller)
- J.D. Tuccille (Humor, Adventure)
- Mark Tullius (Science Fiction, Horror, Dystopian)
- Kat Valleley (Science Fiction, Fantasy)
There will never be a 20th.
So what is a charter member, you ask? A charter member is one of the first supporting (paying) members of the association, someone who committed to a full year of supporting membership before January 1, 2014.
Charter members will remain charter members for life, even if they cease to be supporting members — that is, even if they do not renew their supporting membership after the first year. They will always be recognized by the association as charter members.
Charter membership includes extra benefits above and beyond those provided by supporting membership:
- a discounted rate for the first year ($50 instead of $60),
- the current discounted yearly rate ($50) locked in for life provided the charter member continues to renew every year,
- lifetime access to the supporting members’ private email list and special recognition on the member directory page ahead of the full member directory, even if the charter member decides not to renew and stops being a supporting member.
While the window for becoming a charter member has closed, you can still become a supporting member and gain access to a number of valuable benefits. Are you ready to take your writing career to the next level?